[Samba] winbind authentication

Chester Wisniewski chetw at zuzax.com
Tue Jun 3 19:48:07 GMT 2003

I am having the same issue. I am running Samba 3 Alpha 24 trying to connect
to a W2K3 Server with AD. If I getent or chown I can see all my domain
users, but sshd, login, etc (PAM apps) cant see the accounts. When I try to
login to the console as a AD user or SSH I get the following in
/var/log/messages

Jun  2 20:38:58 gonzo pam_winbind[1900]: request failed: No logon servers,
PAM error was 4, NT error was NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

The issue is when I do wbinfo I can see everything....

My config is as follows:

[global]
realm = AD.TECHFORTIFY.NET
ads server = animal.ad.techfortify.net