[Samba] how i install smba!!

A.A opensoft at gmx.de
Tue Jun 3 18:12:55 GMT 2003

hi  users!
i'm trying to Install a new version of samba (samba-2.2.8a)  since tree
days!
i have a Suse linux 8.2 Server and in my Server run alredy samba-2.2.7 (
smbd and nmbd run in /etc/samba)
I 'v installed and configured now samba in the /usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a/
directory
like this :
./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/samba --localstatedir=/var/log/samba --mandir
=/usr/local/man --with-lockdir=/var/run --with-configdir=/etc/samba
Now i try  to start both Daaemons smbd and nmbd but i see that theree are
still the old smbd and nmbd runing!!
( i stoped alredy samba and killed alredy smbd and nmbd  Processes)
The other Problem i have after installation no bin directory in my samba
(/usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a)  directory!!!!
(and i cant try to run /usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a/smbd -D because i get
this error
balalayka:/usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a/smbd -D       Samba daemon,
/usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a/source/classic/smbd is not skippeded.
)
wenn i after Installation do  /usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a/smbstatus i get
just the old verssion of samba!!!
Samba version 2.2.7a-SuSE
( i stoped alredy samba and killed alredy smbd and nmbd  Processes)
the command "whereis samba" or "where is smbd" get the old local of samba in
/etc/samba
what have i misconfigured?
I appreciate any help I can get! Thanks!
there are some segments of my directories and files after Installation.

thanks a lot!
henry

 balalayka:/usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a/source #
.. config.guess locking rpc_server
.cvsignore config.sub msdfs rpcclient
.indent.pro configure nmbd script
Doxyfile configure.developer nsswitch smbd
Makefile.in configure.in pam_smbpass smbwrapper
acconfig.h configure.nodebug.developer param tdb
aclocal.m4 configure.txt parsing.doc tests
aparser groupdb passdb ubiqx
architecture.doc include popt utils
auth install-sh printing web
bin internals.doc profile
client lib rpc_client

balalayka:/usr/local/src/samba-2.2.8a # ls
. Manifest Roadmap examples source
.. README WHATSNEW.txt packaging swat
COPYING Read-Manifest-Now docs pcp testsuite