[Samba] Samba Dropouts...

Andrew Holland SyClops at ehollands.net
Tue Jun 3 15:55:52 GMT 2003

On Sunday 01 June 2003 12:51 am, you wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 10:30:05PM -0500, theSyClops wrote:
> > I admit that I am a linux-server newbie...  How do I do the ethereal
> > trace,  I have not had to do it before and I wouldent know what to look
> > for or how to do it
>
> The linux box should have a command called 'ethereal'. Run as root,
> and get it to capture packets on the relevent ethernet interface
> and filter the capture to only capture packets from and to the
> client.
>
> If you've ever used the Microsoft Netmon application, ethereal
> should be very easy. If you haven't used a network sniffer before,
> I suggest you read up on the subject.
>
> Jeremy.

Ok,  after a quick crash course in ethereal including compiling and
 installing it, Here is the capture,  This log has been filtered by time
 before and after where the drop out occured as well as source and dest IP's

(frame.time_relative >= 343 && frame.time_relative <= 347.2) && (ip.src ==
10.0.0.224 || ip.dst == 10.0.0.224)

Then saved (this info here for making sure I didnt screw up the logs)

The error occures @ time 2 seconds after beginning of capture

attachment available upon request, the list wont let me post it and I dont
have a reliable space to throw it up on the net

Andrew