[Samba] samba share not accesable from windows PC, s "newbie here"

Tom McKellips tom at cpty.net
Tue Jun 3 13:25:47 GMT 2003

It's been my experience that your configuration file will need a lot more
than that. You also need samba passwords. Unless you have set your Windows PC
for clear text passwords you will need to have the encrypt passwords = yes in
your file. Check out the Samba How To on ssamba.org and also the samba how to
at tldp.org (They may be the same how to I am not sure) It has a a good
initial setup for samba in there.

Tom

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:42:33 +0500, A d m i n i s t r a t o r wrote
> Well i have installed samba on my redhat 9.0 server ..
>
> & just to try it  made a smb.conf with the following entries ...
>
> [global]
> workgroup = SIMPLE
> [test]
> comment = testing only
> path = /myhome
> read only = no
> guest ok = yes
>
> & restart smb services .. but the problem is that when ever i try to
> browse from other windows PC from the network .. i get some error
> like this "account does not have access right to use from this
> workstation" ...
>
> how can this be resolved ... ?
>
> --

Internet Service Provided By Abyss Communications
Internet Service only $10 a month
1-866-842-2977