[Samba] libsmbclient for NCR MP-RAS SVR4 unix System

Anurag Singh sng_anu at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 3 11:06:18 GMT 2003

Hi All,
    I want to have the library libsmbclient for NCR MP-RAS SVR4 Unix system.
I tried compiling the latest source of Samba-2.2.8a on the above systems, and running "./configure --with-libsmbclient" tells me that it can not build a shared library but will provide me with a static library instead.
When I run "make libsmbclient", I receive a segmentation fault.
It would be much nice if anyone can provide me with some pointers as to how I can overcome this or can supply me with a libsmbclient.a or .so that works on SVR4 Unix System.

Thanks in advance.
regards
Anurag