AW: AW: AW: Re: AW: [Samba] samba installatio

kenneth westelinck kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be
Tue Jun 3 06:28:03 GMT 2003

As I already said, all the samba stuff will be in /usr/local/samba. So if
you want to start the daemons you'll need to type:
- /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
- /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D
The old daemons are still there (unless you removed them) and are in
/usr/sbin/.

If you want to use the new version of smbstatus, you'll have to type:
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbstatus
The old version of smbstatus is still there as well (unless you removed
them).

It seems this is your first time compiling something instead of using the
darn RPMs isn't it ;)