[Samba] NT4 SAM -> passwd/ldif

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Jun 3 04:28:44 GMT 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Chew, Darren wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of any way I can get the passwords from the SAM file and
> export them into either passwd file format or ldif?

Samba-3.0.0 will have a tool called "net rpc vampire" that will allow you
to migrate your NT4 accounts to Samba-3. We hope to release this into Beta
test this week. It has been in Alpha for some months now and is starting
to look quite stable.

Either try samba-3.0.0 Beta when it ships, or else wait here for the
release announcement in 4 - 8 weeks time.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org