[Samba] authentification problems

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Jun 3 04:23:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 benny at tunghingmfy.com wrote:

> Hi Daniel and Tom,
>
> I have a even worst situation, my NT domain users can never login my
> Samba server under NT Domain authentication.
> No problem with guest or specify a Unix user name.
>
> I had every thing done according to documentation and Used wbinfo -u,
> wbinfo -g, getent passwd, getent group to make sure it get
> groups and users on the NT Domain.
>
> Can you tell me how to specify a shre to a NT domain user and groups,
> like '@domain+user' and '@group' ?
>
> Been going through this mailing list for months now, but I didn't found
> any follow-up on the same issue. Is it that difficult that
> No one knows the solution ? I doubt it.  It's sad as I suppose an open
> source community is based on collaboration.
>
> Would be glad if you can show me somewhere else to look for answers.

Benny,

Have you checked the following document lately?

	http://samba.org/~jht/NT4migration/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

You might find this resource useful. More to the point, if it is not
useful to helping you to solve your problems I'd like to know about it,
because it means that I have failed to write what I was hoping to deliver.

- John T.