[Samba] big file server

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Tue Jun 3 02:04:08 GMT 2003

On Friday 16 May 2003 07:12, Honza Houstek wrote:
> I must agree. Reiserfs is quite fast but not very reliable.

Totally reliable from my experience. I've been running several small business
offices plus my own server for about two years without a glitch. Reiserfs has
held up with constant pounding for database, file, print, samba, etc. use.
All systems have been through many power outages with no loss of data. I also
use Reiserfs on my desktop and laptop. I thought about trying xfs but had to
ask myself why?
It is nice that Reiserfs can be set up out-of-the-box with Redhat 8/9 also.

Chris