[Samba] Samba 3.0 Alpha 23 and windbindd

Errol U. Neal errol.neal at enhtech.com
Tue Jun 3 04:54:12 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

I've been using the samba alpha releases for a bit now. I'm really
satisfied and grateful as it really helps out in our infrastructure. I do
however experience an issue that is really stumping me. The problem exists
in the mapping of winbind GID/UIDs to names. From time to time, the GID
will just change. For example, in our environment, the Group JCNTV/Domain
Admins is mapped to GID 60005. Well today, I just realized that the GID #
changed to a number other than 60005, which totally screwed up my
permissions, acls and etc. Since it seems that winbindd controls these
numbers, is there a way to create a static mapping? Or at least turn off
this behavior/issue. Any help would be much appreciated it.

TIA,

Errol Neal