[Samba] Re: pdf printer

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Mon Jun 2 20:42:18 GMT 2003

Hi,

"Kurt Pfeifle" wrote in message
> > Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
> >
> > I followed the exact procedure as per above URL, except I grabbed the
> > adist5.ppd from the Adobe Universal PostScript Installer 1.0.6. Is that
> > okay?
>
> Yes.
>
> But this only covers the "Install-PDF-Printer-on-CUPS" part.
>
> The other part is the "Install-PDF-Printer-on-Windows". Here you have
> several options. My recommendation is the
> "Use-the-CUPS-PostScript-Drivers-for-Windows-NT/2K/XP"
> -and-export-with-the-help-of-cupsaddsmb" one.

Sorry I'm still a little confused here. Can I do "cupsaddsmb -H PRNSERVER
printer PDFPrinter" to setup PostScript driver (adist5.ppd) for
Win9x/NT/2000, so users can download them from their personal workstations?
If so, then I don't need to add arbitrary color laser printer from Windows?

> > CUPS seems to able to read it. I got color PDF when I installed an
> > arbitrary color laser printer (HP Color LaserJet 8500 PS.
>
> You mean if you install that printer on a Windows client and connect it to
> the PDF printer?
>
> That's OK if it works. "The proof of the pudding lies in the eating.".

Regards,
Norman