[Samba] Roving Profile Issues

dan kador shoutinwhispers at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 15:39:43 GMT 2003

Hi Again,

I figured out what my problem was with the encrypted passwords - it's sufficient to say that it was an error on my part, not the software.  Oops.

However, now I'm completely baffled.  I can login to the domain perfectly (encryption is on, by the way), my home drive maps correctly, the login script runs as it is supposed to, but I'm getting an error about my remote profile.  Specifically, Windows 2000 tells me that "Windows cannot create profile directory //servername/profile/username.pdt" and that it will use a local profile that will not be updated to the server at log off.  I cannot for the life of me figure this one out.  I believe that I've changed permissions correctly as well as group ownership of the profile directory.  Perhaps I've configured smb.conf incorrectly.  I'm really not sure what the problem is here.  Below is my smb.conf file - hopefully that will help determine the error.

[global]
  workgroup = mytest
  netbios name = CNS-11438
  security = user