AW: AW: AW: Re: AW: [Samba] samba installation

A.A 1alp at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 13:20:12 GMT 2003

there is some new Error:connections.tdb not initialized.

balalayka:/usr/local/samba/bin # ./smbstatus
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf":
        No such file or directory
Can't load /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it
*************************************
I do copy the old smb.conf to /usr/local/samba/lib/
after that use ./smbstatus

balalayka:/usr/local/samba/bin # ./smbstatus
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/connections.tdb not initialized.
This is normal if an SMB client has never connected to your server.

and testparm get the smb.conf from old samba directory in /etc/samba !!!!!

balalayka:/usr/local/samba/bin # testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[Profiles]"
Processing section "[printers]"