AW: Re: AW: [Samba] samba installation

A.A 1alp at gmx.de
Mon Jun 2 08:23:08 GMT 2003

hi,

there is the output of the command samba stop
and some more outputs.
Maybe you see now more what do i wrong :(!

balalayka:/usr/local # ls
.   bin    include  man    samba-2.2.8a         sbin   src
..  games  lib      samba  samba-2.2.8a.tar.gz  share

balalayka:/ # /etc/init.d/samba stop
bash: /etc/init.d/samba: No such file or directory

balalayka:/ # whereis samba
samba: /etc/samba /usr/lib/samba /usr/include/samba /usr/local/samba
/usr/share/samba /usr/share/man/man7/samba.7.gz

balalayka:/ # rcsmb stop
Shutting down Samba classic SMB daemon  Warning: daemon not running. done

balalayka:/etc/samba # * ps fax | grep smbd kill all listed processes
bash: #smb.conf#: command not found
grep: kill: No such file or directory
grep: all: No such file or directory
grep: listed: No such file or directory
grep: processes: No such file or directory

balalayka:/usr/local/samba/bin # smbd -D
balalayka:/usr/local/samba/bin # nmbd -D
balalayka:/usr/local/samba/bin # smbstatus

Samba version 2.2.7a-SuSE
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

No locked files

??
Thanks
henry