[Samba] configure - more indepth

bkrusic at yahoo.com bkrusic at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 21:00:57 GMT 2003

Hi,

Regarding confiure options;

--with-dce-dfs
--with-msdfs

Which do I really need for making a Samba file server
into a Dfs server as well?  I'd like to use one of my
Samba file servers as a Dfs server in connecting
Windows clients to other Samba file servers.

Also, does --with-automount work the same way in
mounting Samba shares on Linux client as does mounting
NFS shares on a Linux client?

There are other options like --with-fhs that I am
curious about.  Could it be that RedHat made Samba
with some of these features enabled?  Dfs was not one
of them.

Bri-