[Samba] pdf printer

Matthew Western mwestern at affairs.net.au
Mon Jun 2 06:35:56 GMT 2003

I modified pdfdistiller to grab out the %%Title field of the poscript header
to give it a better name cos username-date.pdf isn't much chop.  also emails
the pdf to the user rather than chucking on a drive.     sing out if you
want a copy.

also beware everyone.  a new version of ghostscript caused me to waste about
half a day trying to figure out why my perfectly working pdf printer stopped
working.  it logged a "Unable to open the initial device, quitting." error
in my log file which meant not a whole lot but finally figured out i needed
to set the TMPDIR or TEMPDIR or somethig to /tmp in the script. i read
something about not having access to temporary directory but no refercene
anywhere about what to set.  i did TMP,TEMP,TEMPDIR,TMPDIR in my script and
that hit it on the head.    that was a real poo.

regards
Matthew