[Samba] samba installation

Thomas Wild at aDog tw at adog.de
Sun Jun 1 19:59:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

please try

"/usr/local/samba-2.2.8a/bin/smbstatus"

Might be, you have a standard installation on your system.
Type

"which smbstatus"

and you will see which prgram are in your default path ($PATH variable)

For startup the samba processes you should change your Startscript in
"/etc/init.d/samba" where the other version is still started.

- Thomas

--
Thomas Wild

Telephones do not have constitutional rights to be accepted!
   - It's better to send me an Email ...