[Samba] Call for contributions

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Jun 1 03:10:29 GMT 2003

Hi All,

The Samba-Team are now working hard to complete Samba-3.0.0 in preparation
for release.

Over the past 3 months we have also been working hard to write and deliver
the best documentation we can to help those who may want to deploy
Samba-3.

There are a few area where the documentation is lacking. If you have any
pointers or background or experience you feel may be of value to others
then please send it to me for inclusion in the new HOWTO document.

Look at it this way:

All of us at one time or another discover something that could have saved
us a lot of time. If you can identify something like that - I am sure
others can benefit from you sharing it.

The following areas have not been covered: If you can help, please do

	Backing Up and Restoring Samba shares

	DNS and DHCP Configuration

	FastStart Hints

	High Availability

	Performance Tuning

	MS Windows Client Configuration

	Upgrading from samba-2.x to samba-3.0.0

Please help to make this release of Samba the best community effort to
date. Let's see what we can do to exceed all previous release standards.
It can happen, but it will only if you help to make it so. Your efforts
and contributions are measurably needed.

Thanks.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra