[Samba] system users and smbpasswd users

Payal Rathod payal-samba at staticky.com
Tue Jul 29 19:10:31 GMT 2003

Hi,
I am extremly new to samba. I want my users to authenticate themselves
to my Linux machine and then they will see their home directories.

Now my problem is that I have to make a system user (thru' useradd) and
assign a password (thru' passwd username) for sytem account and make an
entry in smbpasswd file too (using smbpasswd -a). Can't I have a single
set of username and password?

If yes, how to go thru' it and which docs to read for this specifically?

With warm regards,
-Payal
p.s. please mark a CC of replies to me directly too.

--
"Visit GNU/Linux Success Stories"
http://payal.staticky.com