[Samba] (no subject)

Joel Hammer Joel at hammershome.com
Tue Jul 29 00:09:52 GMT 2003

That message:
>   bind failed on port 139 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0.
>   Error = Address already in use

Often means that samba is already running OR inetd or whatever is already
watching that port. You can edit inetd to not watch this port by editing
inetd.conf. Life is simpler when you start samba as a stand alone daemon
with a simple startup script.

That nmbd message is familar,too, but, I forget what that means!

Joel