[Samba] Point'n'Print works for NT4 but not for XP? (Was: "Point'n'Print" setup problems (2.2.8a & XP sp1))

Steve Salvini salvini at macs.hw.ac.uk
Mon Jul 28 11:24:13 GMT 2003

Hi - Last week I mailed the list saying I was having trouble getting
"Point'n'Print" to work for XP clients.

Today, as an experiment, I installed NT4 on a spare machine and
"point'n'print" works fine for it.    This suggest that the problem is
specific to XP (although I haven't tried a W2k machine).

Is there a known problem and/or fix for "point'n'print" with XP?

Alternatively, if you have this working, please get in touch!

Thanks,
Steve.