Réf. : Re: [Samba] smbpasswd problem

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at edfgdf.fr
Mon Jul 28 08:44:55 GMT 2003

Hi,

In fact, you still need an /etc/passwd file : you need a system account in
order to create a samba account, but you can use libnss-ldap to redirect
the system calls to the LDAP directory (via nsswitch), this will allow you
use ldap-only accounts...

Ganaël.

el-nino at gmx.li@lists.samba.org on 07/28/2003 07:30:15 AM

Envoyé par :      samba-bounces+ganael.laplanche=edf.fr at lists.samba.org

Pour : samba at lists.samba.org
cc :
Objet :     Re: [Samba] smbpasswd problem

>    Im now testing SAMBA under LDAP . I have a LDAP account anthony. I do
> not know how to use smbpasswd to change this LDAP account.

You do not need smbpasswd anymore.
When using LDAP, you can store the Samba-Password along with other data in
the
LDAP-DIrectory. Have a look at the howto concerning how to replace
smbpasswd
with an LDAP-directory and it will tell you what to do :-)
Furthermore, have a look at the smbldap-tools you can find at
www.idealx.org
... they will do things like changing passwords for you (as long as you do
not yet use Samba3).

Thilo