[Samba] Remove profile off machine after use

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Jul 28 00:42:18 GMT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Max Harvey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wanting to know how to have profiles removed form Win2k Machines
> after they have logged off.
>
> Not sure if I have already asked this here, or just looked for the
> answer in the archives, either way I still don't know the answer :(

That's documented in the new Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf in chapter 24.5.2.
Win2k/XPPro both use the same registry key as NT4 to control this.

In any case the registry key you need to set for this is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\
	CurrentVersion\winlogon\
	"DeleteRoamingCache"=dword:00000001

- John T.
--