[Samba] Re: Storing W2K roaming profiles on a Samba - server

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 13:34:24 GMT 2003

I have only used the [Profiles] command on Samba when it is being used as a
domain controller.  You say that you have a Windows 2000 domain controller.

I would do the following:

Create a share on the Samba file server.

Create a folder below that one for each user.  The folder's name should be
the same as the username.  The
%username%  command only works when new users are being created.  You need
to manually create the folder for existing users.

Open up each user's account using the Windows 2000 tool and point the users
profile path to the appropriate folder on the Samba server.

Let me know how that works.

news:bg0hup$r4r$1 at main.gmane.org...