[Samba] UDP Floods (possibly from nmbd)

James Mills prologic at daisy.ods.org
Sun Jul 27 12:37:25 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm new to this list but not to Samba.

I've recently been having problems with Samba that I have not
encountered (ever).

I cannot determine what the cause is but an hour or so into my dialup
connection, my machine starts flooding the first dns server in
/etc/resolv.conf with dns requests. I know it's samba responsible for
the flooding because as soon as I kill both smbd and nmbd with
/etc/init.d/samba stop, the flood stops.

Is there any information on this behaviour ? Or perhaps do I have
something configured incorrectly ?

I'm running Samba version: 2.2.3a-14

cheers
James

--
-
-Zero Defect Software Engineers Group - ZDSEG