[Samba] printing query "status:access denied, unable to connect"

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Jul 26 00:57:17 GMT 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, VIK wrote:

> hello there
> my log.smbd gives this error
> "Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost -
> Connection refused"

This is NOT a samba problem. Your CUPS server is not allowing samba to
connect to it. You will find in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf settings that control
this.

You will need to configure CUPS to permit samba to talk to it. Also, CUPS
must be started BEFORE samba is started - and of course - Samba must have
been built and linked with the CUPS libraries.

Mine works fine with the following settings:
(My local network is 192.168.1.0/24)

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All