[Samba] disabled mashine account without password

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Jul 25 10:09:39 GMT 2003

Try revert to domain admin root and aply next XP patch as described on
http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba/samba-pdc.html

5.3.3. Windows 2000/XP Professional
To allow Windows XP Professional (not W2K) to join a Samba Domain, you will
need to first make the following changes to your registry and reboot:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
"signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000

The second setting is a bit of an unknown; many can join a Samba domain
without setting it; others claim it doesn't work for their system until they
do set it. In short, your mileage may vary ;-)