[Samba] Power Users - Is it possible?

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 25 08:52:53 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 00:41, George Farris wrote:
> Yes thanks, sorry to upset you:-)  I think we understand that now.  Must
> be frustrating to what a newbie eh:-)  Kind of funny.

I'm seeing many people here in this list that do not complete understand
the differences between a local group and a global (domain) group. I
have posted a message trying to clarify on this :-)

> So how do I unmap it from a unix group?  Do I have to delete the "Power
> Users" group and re-create it?

Simple delete it from your Samba server. As I described in another
message, the "Power Users" is a local, built-in group that exists on
every Windows workstation (Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP
Professional, etc).