[Samba] Power Users - Is it possible?

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 24 19:22:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 18:31, George Farris wrote:
> I have also struggled with this problem.  It seems one can map a domain
> group such as Domain Admins and have it take effect on the workstation
> but Power Users is, I think, a local group and it doesn't work even
> though one can map a unix group to it.
>
> So how can one add users to a Power User group and have it take effect
> like Domain Admins?

On Windows, the "Power Users" is a local group, that is, it's members
are not stored on a domain controller, but on the local SAM of the
machine. Thus, if for an specific machine you want to make all Domain
Users to be Power Users, you'll need to use Windows administration tools
and *manually* add the "Domain Users" global group to the "Power Users"
local group of the machine.