[Samba] Samba and HA-Cluster

Ralf Lübben Ralfluebben at gmx.de
Wed Jul 23 19:39:13 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a problem with SAMBA2.2.8a. I built a HA-Cluster with Samba, DRBD
and Heartbeat.  Heartbeat and DRBD works, the takeover works too. Samba
on the primary server works fine. After the takeover Samba starts up on
the second server. When I login on a client it works (without restart
the client!!), but I get the message in the LOG-File
“domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account”. After a restart
of the client, the serverprofil isn’t found, in the LOG-File of Samba I
get the message: “Returning domain sid for domain SAMBA -> S-1-5....”.
I think there are differences between the servers, but I copied the
directory with the configurationfiles (smb.conf, secerts.tdb, smbpasswd)
and the passwd, group and shadow  from one server to the other.
Maybe there are a problem with the netbios-names??

My smb.conf:

======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
      dns proxy = no
      security = domain
      server string = Samba
      workgroup = Samba
      encrypt passwords=true
      domain master=yes
      domain logons=yes
      interfaces = 192.168.0.3/24
      bind interfaces only = yes
      socket options = TCP_NODELAY
      log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
      load printers = yes
      wins support = true
      os level = 80
      max log size = 50
      debug level=3

[homes]
     comment = Home Directories
     browseable = no
     writable = yes
     valid users = %S

; [netlogon]
;    comment = Network Logon Service
;    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
;    guest ok = yes
;    writable = no
;    share modes = no

;[Profiles]