[Samba] HELP!!!! Access denied. Source file may be in use

Goldston, Lloyd (SAIC) lloyd.goldston at us.army.mil
Wed Jul 23 19:33:08 GMT 2003

I cant seem to resolve this no matter what I do to the global section.

I have compiled Samba 2.2.7 on a Solaris 7 box. smbclient populated
correctly and from my client I can see all the user shares as well as access
them. I can also ftp files out but when I try to copy something into the
Samba share, whether it is my own, test, or another users share, I get
"Access Denied: The source file may be in use" The files I am attempting to
copy are test text files.

The system is a sandbox for the programmers to share files so there
shouldn't be any user restrictions requiring uname and passwd logons.

Here are the contents of my smb.conf file:

# Global Parameters file for Samba 2.2.7 created manually by L. Goldston for
XXXX
# and the XXXX domain group.
#
[global]
	workgroup = XXXXXX
	security = share
	encrypt passwords = no
	log level = 2
	log file = /var/log/samba.log
	read only = no
	writable = yes
[printers]
	path = /usr/tmp
	guest ok = yes
	printable = yes
	min print space = 2000

[test]
        comment = For testing only, please
	browseable = yes
	path = /export/home/test
	create mask = 0660
      directory mask = 0770
	read only = no
	writable = yes
	guest ok = yes
[data]
	path=/export/samba/data
	comment = Data Drive
	volume = Sample-Data-Drive
	writable = yes
	guest ok =yes

[username]
	comment = xxxxx
	browseable = yes
	username = xxxxx
	path = /export/home/xxxxx
	create mask = 0777
      directory mask = 0777
	writable =yes
	guest ok = yes
	hosts allow = <my IP address inserted in this field>

[xxxxx]
	comment = xxxxx
	browseable = yes
	path = /export/home/xxxxx