[Samba] problem running logon script

Orban Zoltan zoltan.orban at tinycreatures.ro
Wed Jul 23 18:47:13 GMT 2003

Hello.
We have at the firm a Windows 2000 Domain Controler. I recently configured
a linux box, configured samba and joined the Win2000 DC. Everything went
fine, i can connect to the Win DC, but i have a problem. On the DC there
is a logon script, that basically defines a place on the Win DC where
certain programs should keep their files and maps on every client two
shares, that again reside on the DC. How can i set up my linux box to use
that logon script? I was thinking of maping the windows shares through
fstab, but the trouble is that all the time the shares get mounted
somewhere else. Eg. user A logs on, then the logon script should map the
windows shares to /home/my_domain/userA, when user B logs on it should map
them to /home/my_domain/userB etc.
I searched a lot, and found tons of doc of how to run logon scripts when
the linux box is a samba DC and windows is the client, but i found nothing
for the other way around.
Thanks you for all,
Best wishes,
Zoltan