[Samba] PANIC: failed to set gid

Joseph jolt at nicholasofmyra.org
Wed Jul 23 15:40:34 GMT 2003

Thanks for responding.  root is in gid 0, there shouldn't be a problem
there.  I do use nis, however, this server is the nis master.  I know if the
password is changed via passwd, it changes the nis password correctly.  I'm
using passwd as the passwd program and have confirmed the password chat.
The group file nis uses is the standard /etc/group file.  The underlying OS
is FreeBSD.  The client OS is Win2k SP4.