[Samba] Probs joining Samba PDC with WinXP

Patrick Flohr Flohr.P at t-online.de
Wed Jul 23 09:21:11 GMT 2003

Marian Mlcoch, Ing wrote:

>Try add user root to smbpasswd and remove manual created machine acounts.
>When join to domain dialog XP apear you use root and root smbpass to join
>machine or any admin user listed in admin user smb.conf.
>Machine acc will be createxd automatic.Bye.

I tried and faild, XP give me the error "unknown user or invalid
password" (as before, try to join the domain);
logs on the samba box ==> no workstation account in the domain.
It seems like a problem with the root accout because i can login to the
shares with every normal user account.
Since updating the smb.conf it takes a few minutes to log out from xp.

bye