[Samba] login script variable problem

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Wed Jul 23 07:58:20 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm not realy sure, there is another parameter in the global section

logon drive = DRIVELETTER:

but I don't think it is needed  in your case, anyway it  doesn't  hurt.
Another quite stupid idea: have you checked, that your win98 box is
realy loging into the domain (right click Network Neighborhood select
properties, then Client for Microsoft Network then Properties)
If you are unsuccesfull check that your login.bat's net commands are
valid in win98, a good idea are if you make separate parts for 9x and
NT(2000,XP) e.g:

if %OS%. == WindowsNT. goto NT

REM 9x part

goto END

NT:

REM NT part

:END

I would also suggest to put a
net time \\yourservernamehere /set /yes
line in your login.bat, and /persistent:no option to all net use
commands for NT, else you could have strange behavoir if multiple people
are using the same workstation just loging in and out

Good Luck!

Geza Gemes