[Samba] smbmount problem

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Mon Jul 21 08:33:07 GMT 2003

Hy Yair
your Q is missplaced
i understand that your 50 users work on linuxboxes clients?? and mount from
server (previus nfs) with samba homes directories??
I dont understand why?
But this idea only work on one mount point that can mount only one user at
time. This can be mounted on boot but only one user rights will be used
(user logged to samba with options for smbfs) Or can be mount be login linux
client script then can aply users ruless but not can mount more as one at
time to one mount point /mnt/home.

Try write why and what you need solve.

If you need exactly mount one share for all users on boot then to fstab you
must write all needed parameters for this smbfs not user but
username=ACOUNT,password=PASS ... as writed on mount command -o switch
without spaces.