[Samba] Vijay - samba box not seen in browse list.

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Mon Jul 21 05:44:17 GMT 2003

Hi
you not contact me on icq then i write next help.
First remove from your smb.conf lines
interfaces = 192.168.0.229
bind interfaces only = yes

next you check if not firewall is used on linux or w2k for any netwrok
simply ping all necessary machine (w2k linux...) be it IP address not
netbios or dns name! If ping work try telnet to all necesary IP on port 139.
Example  telnet 192.168.0.229 139
If reply connection refused or no route to host then problem is on network
config!

Next try netbios name resolving problems by commands smbclient with IP and
second be netbios name.
smbclient -L \\192.168.0.xx for all necessary machine.
and smbclient -L \\cvsbkup and all necesary netbios names of machine.

Reply with result to me.

Your command is bad!
mount -t smbfs -o username= administrator,password=password
file://cvsbkup/smbshare   /mnt/floppy  gives the error :

Ok is!
mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator,password=password
//cvsbkup/smbshare /mnt/floppy

Marian.