[Samba] Cannot find roaming profile (2)

P. U. Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Sun Jul 20 09:13:56 GMT 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Danny Bradley wrote:

> I posted this once 3 days ago and got 0 responses.  Please help!
>
> I installed RH9 and Samba and all the latest updates.  When I
> logon with a Windows client, Samba cannot find my roaming
> profile.  I can browse all shares in the network.  What do I
> change to cause roaming profiles to be found?  Below is my full
> smb.conf.
I guess that might be a problem with the directory permissions
inside /profiles
My /profiles  is set to drwxr-xr-x  root  wheel
all the the user directories inside are set to
drwx------  user  users_group

This is my profiles share: perhaps you can play around with these

[profiles]
        path = /usr/local/samba/profiles/
        valid users = @wheel, @freunde, @schueler
        read only = No