[Samba] Problem with "domain admin group"

Corey Hart chart at acad.stedwards.edu
Fri Jul 18 19:07:20 GMT 2003

We are just now setting up all our machines in SAMBA.  The problem is there are
over 1000+ machines which are to many to enter by hand into /etc/passwd . I went
and added every user account to a group in /etc/group and called it
"tempadmin".  In smb.conf I set

domain admin group = @tempadmin

But people who are trying to add their machines are getting access denied.  The
only account that can add machines to the domain is root.  Since I know root can
add machines I assume my add user script is running correctly.

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c Machine -s
/bin/false -M %u

Any ideas?

--
----