[Samba] Performance question

James Bennett jbennett at pssd.com
Fri Jul 18 11:40:52 GMT 2003

Hello, we are running Samba 2.2.8a on an HP-UX 11i server and have
encountered a strange performance problem.
Going to/from Samba shares to a machine in our internal network, a 100MB
file takes < 1 minute to transfer.  Receiving the same file from a machine
on our DMZ to the Samba share, takes < 1 minutes, but sending the file from
a Samba share out to the DMZ takes > 30 minutes.  Sending the same file from
a Win2k file server to the DMZ works fine both ways (< 1 minute for reads
and writes).  Our network guys have checked the port settings, etc. and
found no anomalies.
Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

-James