[Samba] Connection Problem

Helen Mason helen.mason at mack.mwmack.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 12:33:14 GMT 2003

I have a Sun Solaris 2.6 system, with Samba 2.0.5.

One of the PC's which has the outlook.pst file stored on a samba share keeps
getting an error saying the outlook.pst file could not be saved and outlook
crashes.  This PC also takes a long tome to open files on the samba share
with Excel, and sometimes fails to open them, although they will open when
re-tried.  The PC is called 19-2103157 and the user is jweller.  I can see
various error messages in the attached log file, and have looked on the web
site, but I am none the wiser about how to resolve the problem.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Helen Mason
I.T.Services Manager
M & W Mack Wholesale Division
Tel: 01905 798316
Fax: 01905 798763

This email contains proprietary information some of which may be legally
privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an error has
misdirected this email, please notify the sender by reply email. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy,
print or rely on this email.