[Samba] can't connect as different user via XP -solved

_Chris McKeever_ tech-mail at prupref.com
Wed Jul 16 17:41:33 GMT 2003

turns out that since we have the printers shared for guest, that once the
connection to the printer happens, it continually wants to connect as the XP
user.  I added the printer as a local port (ie \\server\print-share) and
then I could connect to the fileshare by supplying the different
username/password pair.