[Samba] SWAT on 3.0.0beta2

Hall, Ken (IDS ECCS) KeHall at exchange.ml.com
Tue Jul 15 17:02:43 GMT 2003

I tried SWAT again, using "commit" to switch views, and it did work.  This time, it seemed to leave my smb.conf reasonably intact, but it did strip out all of the comments, which probably accounts for
Vincent's observation.

I'm not sure I'm happy with the idea that you have to rewrite smb.conf just to view all of the parms though.

Around here, that could be considered a restricted and possibly dangerous change, on the off chance you accidentally alter one of the fields.  It also kills any chance of monitoring the last update
date, and I can see situations where you might keep comments in smb.conf, maintain it by hand, but use SWAT to confirm the parameters.