[Samba] Windows 98 logon server problem

Louis Nafziger louisn at aip-usa.com
Tue Jul 15 16:46:44 GMT 2003

Hi,

    I have Samba version 2.2.7 up and running as a PDC for several
Windows 2000/XP clients, as well as file sharing working.  However, when
I try to use it as a Win9X logon server, I can not seem to make it work.

    Whenever I try to logon from the Win98 computer, I get the error
message "Incorrect Parameter" (in windows) and get the following message
in the nmbd.log file:

=-=-=
[2003/07/15 12:15:05, 1]
nmbd/nmbd_processlogon.c:process_logon_packet(69)
   process_logon_packet: Logon from 192.168.13.189: code = 0x0
=-=-=

    I have the following lines (among others) in my smb.conf:

logon home = \\%L\home\%U\.profiles
netbios name = AIP-KY
workgroup = AIP-KY
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
password level = 8
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = logon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon home = \\%L\home\%U\.profiles

    Please let me know if you need any more information!

Louis Nafziger
louisn at aip-usa.com