[Samba] samba via ssh; some W2000 do not.

Vizitiu, Ciprian CVizitiu at gbif.org
Mon Jul 14 12:51:41 GMT 2003

	Samba 2.2.8a. Since (Free)Swan flew into ground I've started to use
openssh to connect to the samba server. So far so good, what I do is to
forward 139 and then declare the samba server to be 127.0.0.1 in lmhosts on
the Windows WS. It worked well for all XPs Pro that I have tested but in 2
out of 3 W2000 Pro it did not. That is typing in explorer
\\sambaserver\drive like I do in XP resulted in a blocked explorer. Of
course doing net use X: \\server\drive works but my users are scared to
death of the command prompt; I can't seem to be able to do "net use" from a
.bat that is without having the user to type the commands and password; I
don't even know where to start from as my usual
Linux-Ethereal-10MB_plain_old_Hub tool does not work, I don't speak natively
blowfish... *ANY* hints would be greatly appreciated. :-|