[Samba] Re: [cups.general] print quota with CUPS

Shanti Katta katta at csee.wvu.edu
Sun Jul 13 05:48:42 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 18:03, Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 05:32:15PM -0400, Shanti Katta wrote:
> >
> > I am running CUPS-1.1.19 and Samba-2.2.8a on Debian 3.0 to serve both
> > Windows and Unix clients. Has anyone got print quotas for Cups working?
> >
> > When I set quota using lpadmin, it does not limit the pages to be
> > printed, in other words doesn't do anything.
> >
> > Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> CUPS internal print quota mechanism is currently limited in that
> all users have the very same limits.

But, when I set job-page-limit and job-quota-period with CUPS, it
doesn't restrict printing once quota is reached. I am able to limit
printing, i.e set quota based on job-k-limit, but not page-based. I even
tried setting all the three parameters for quota, but it still doesn't
count pages, and always shows "1 1" for each job in page_log.

FYI: I am using cups-samba drivers for Windows provided on CUPS website,
which are claimed to do page accounting correctly.

Any suggestion as to why page-count based quota not working with
CUPS-1.1.19?