[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0 and Active Directory Replication

John Brown dmc_jamrock at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 20:39:38 GMT 2003

John,

You said,

"If Samba-3.0.0 is configured as a domain controller with Windows 200x/XP
lients these clients can work fine as domain members. There are some
compromises that you must accept, none of these are serious issues. "

Please clarify these compromises.

"At this time the Samba-3.0.0 domain controller will function as a Windows
NT4 style domain controller".

Do you mean that it will work as a  BDC and keep a non-writeable duplicate
of the SAM database?

"NO! I hope that is clear".

Clear as a bell.  Are there any plans to add this functionality in the
future?

Thank you.

news:Pine.LNX.4.50.0307121646490.19672-100000 at dp.samba.org...