[Samba] Changing passwd as ordinary user

Vizitiu, Ciprian CVizitiu at gbif.org
Fri Jul 11 16:17:20 GMT 2003

> >How about reding the man? Just to see how missleading it can be! ;-)
> 	I read it, but I'm not able to build the passwd chat I need.. :(

Been there done that! :-D

> 	I thought the passwd chat would be:
>
> 	But I failed (again) on solving this problem alone...

passwd chat debug = yes
debug level = 103.

Take a deep breath and dive into the logs; if I remember well in log.smbd at
one point you'll see some lines with "Expected:" and the strings for the
dialog and why the system "thinks" it got the wrong answer; anyway look
around for something like that. That's how I resolved mine as the samba
"mechanics" for following the system answer to password change are strange
at least...