[Samba] DOS client connection

Vincent.Badier at alcatel.fr Vincent.Badier at alcatel.fr
Fri Jul 11 10:40:36 GMT 2003

I have a problem login on a samba share using a DOS client, whereas using
NT/2000/XP, i connect correctly

The context:

Active directory arch.
All NT/2000/XP are in the domain.
samba version 2.2.3a-12.3 for Debian (from debian stable package).

I can directly connect to my samba shares from my current xp login session.
When i boot from a dos boot disk (made from 95), i log in my domain with my
login/pass. However when i try to connect to my share (net use), it is
refused. Here is le log on the server :

[2003/07/11 12:07:32, 0] smbd/password.c:domain_client_validate(1572)
  domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user MYLOGON in
domain  to Domain controller ip.of.my.dc. Error was
NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD.

however, a net use to a w2k share server work fine.

I've also the default configuration for protocol level :

protocol = NT1
large readwrite = No
max protocol = NT1
min protocol = CORE