[Samba] HP-UX and Samba 3.0

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Thu Jul 10 19:49:58 GMT 2003

I have since tried again and had more luck. I have been unable to
reproduce my first error message. Instead I had problems with the
Makefile. Anyone who is configuring in such a way that @EXTRA_SBIN_PROGS@
is empty may notice that there will be a trailing "\" on the SBIN_PROGS
line, which hoses the 'make'.

At any rate, I fixed that and managed to build Samba. However, I get
binaries that don't work at all. I run 'net', for example, and I get the
following:

Error loading module '/opt/samba-3.0.0b2/lib/charset/roman8.sl': Can't
open shared library: /opt/samba-3.0.0b2/lib/charset/roman8.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Internal Error 2004
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
Abort (core dumped)

...I don't know why the charset files weren't built, but I doubt this is
the problem for some reason. Does anyone know what might be the problem
and what I can do about it? My environment is HP-UX 11.00 on an N4000
machine. I am using the HP AnsiC compilers and the HP make.

Thanks!

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630